Tuesday, March 6, 2012

King of the Apes





Well well well, my first post. I've decided to start off by showing a few of the sketches of the current project I've been working on. Here's a little background, if ya don't mind. Some of my favorite projects in art school involved me taking existing written material and turning them into comic book form. For example, here a couple of links for some previous projects of mine, one for the Iliad and one I did of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. So when deciding on how I wanted to bolster my portfolio I wanted to revisit this idea. So next I had to decide on what i wanted to draw. I thought, "I know! I want to a draw a half naked man running through the jungle!" haha I kid I kid...that's only part of it :P  I really was just looking for material that would allow me to draw both human and animal, plus something with really great action scenes, and what better than Tarzan? Now these weren't drawn today, but here are some thumbnail comps of the pages I've done so far.

These are pretty rough, but this is usually how I work in the first stages of any illustration I do. The basic idea here is while Tarzan is foraging for food (a caterpillar) he is unaware he is being stalked by the lioness Sabor. Hopefully you can decipher whats going on. Let me know if you have any suggestions :D And here is a little bonus for today, enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment